Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cover Songs



Posting the Euclid version of 'I Used To Love Her' as part of the Early Metal Mix got me thinking of other heavy Rolling Stones covers I had sittin' around.
I was able to grab this struttin' version of 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' by Texas' Jamul. And with that, I found a few COVER versions of songs by the Animals, Hendrix, Neil Young and the Buffalo Springfield.

The most endearing thing about these covers is that they weren't done 30 years after the fact for some made-for-TV-movie about the freedom-y 60's.

JAMUL - JUMPIN' JACK FLASH (ROLLING STONES)
VELVERT TURNER GROUP - FREEDOM (JIMI HENDRIX)
STEPSON - IT'S MY LIFE (THE ANIMALS)
FRIJID PINK - HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN (in the style of THE ANIMALS)
THE LITTER - FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH (BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD)
JOHN ENTWISTLE - CINNAMON GIRL (NEIL YOUNG)

I'll be revisiting this sunject now and then, next time focusing on the WHO

-Velcro

No comments: